All applications for employment with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Yates County and other county extension associations must be submitted through the Cornell University Employment system. We do post available job and internship opportunities on this page when they become available, with links to the Cornell website, for your convenience.
Current available positions:
Association Sr. Administrative Assistant
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Yates County has an opening for a full-time Association Sr. Administrative Assistant for its Penn Yan, New York offices.
The Association Sr. Administrative Assistant provides a high level of clerical and administrative support for the Association. This position is responsible for providing a wide variety of complex technical, clerical and/or administrative support including word processing, database manipulation, spreadsheet development, reports, forms, correspondence, maintaining records, data, and files, assigned human resources functions and supporting financial and business functions of the association. Coordinates the general office and reception area schedule and supervises the work of the Administrative Assistant II (s). Work in collaboration with administrative staff to provide general office and reception support as necessary/required.
- Associate or Equivalent Education. GED/High School Diploma plus 1-year transferrable program/functional experience may substitute.
- Experience relevant to the role of the position
- Proficiency with windows-based software including use of the internet and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Excel.
- Ability to plan and organize personal work responsibilities according to priorities developed with immediate supervisor.
- Ability to work with a high degree of integrity, sound professional judgment, and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and assume responsibility with general guidelines and direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and visual channels using traditional methods and educational tools, as well as electronic technology (e.g., video, audio, computers, etc.).
- Ability to effectively participate in professional team efforts.
- Ability to relate effectively to co-workers, advisors, community and professional leaders.
- Ability and willingness to work with diverse audiences and maintain cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
Last updated November 5, 2018